RE: Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] paradiddles

IF there is a line that you can not play, listen closely for the
rhythm of that line.  Break it down into the blow draw patterns aside
from the individual notes and intervals. Practice the in out patterns
using chords like a train rhythm.  Then try it with single notes
followed by intervalistic notes.  Finally try to pick out the correct
notes and play the breathing pattern over it.

The point of practicing paradiddle is to have breathe control. How
often does a line go b d b d etc...?  Most songs stick with a certain
rhytmic pattern to the notes.  When you break everything down into
rhythm this become apparent.

Practicing paradiddles is like practicing how to play a single note
or a bend. It's a buidling block for other techniques.