Re: [Harp-L] Jam Tracks

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:01:07 EST
From: SHANE1198@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Jam Tracks
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Does anyone know of a website that allows you to download Jam Tracks to
>practice to? Thanks- JD

You can use any MIDI file as a jam track for harp using HARPING! (real time
harp tab program using MIDI files). It allows you to silence one track, or
have one track playing solo.  So you can pick the melody track of a song
you want to jam to and silence it.

Melody Assistant is shareware, you can edit MIDI files with it, so pick out
the tracks you don't want, delete them, then save the file, and jam to it.
Melody Assistant

I do most of my practice jamming using Band In A Box.

more information here
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/harptab.html

-- G.