Re: [Harp-L] Speaking of split intervals...

Tim Moyer wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions on techniques to practice split intervals, blocking only one hole while leaving the sides open. I've heard folks like Richard Hunter do it with great facility. Do I just need to keep after it until I figure it out for myself? I can do two- and three-hole blocks (such as for blow and draw octaves), but for me it's, well, out of reach.

Hi, Tim.

Try the 1-3 split. This way, you don't have any bothering holes on one of the sides.
Start TBing the hole 3 (1 and 2 covered).
With hole 3 sounding, try to make hole 1 sound also. Just relax and retract the tongue a little bit.

I hope it works for you. It worked for me 3 mins ago, and I surely play a lot less harp than you do ;-)

Greetings from Germany,
Fernando Bresslau