[Harp-L] RE: Paddy Richter for blues

Says jazmman:
>I say the reduced bendability of that 3 draw makes
>Paddy and Melody Maker which is just Paddy on the
>blow plane and Double Country on the draw plane)
>unsatisfactory for blues.

Okay. How about tuning that Blow 3 up a half step.
Kind of odd I know; you end up with an augmented
chord.
But you get a deeper, bluesier bend on Draw 3. I think
I could handle that with some bending accuracy (at
least based on my success with 2 draw). It just seems
that with the full 1 1/2 steps I'm always having to
check and readjust. I still wonder about losing that
IV chord however.

By the way jazmaan, I have an XB. Your preaching about
the melody tuning has me tempted. If I feel like
ruining a $100 harp I might even try retuning it
myself. Am I correct that Mr. Missin did yours? What
temperament?

Paul B.