Re: [Harp-L] question about Paddy tuning

rainbow Jimmy wrote:
"If I put a Lee Oskar melody maker blow reeds with standard Lee Oskar
draw reeds do I get a Paddy tuned harp? I could see that being useful
for 2nd position mixolodian."

The answer is yes.  Note that Lee Oskar Melody Makers are named for 2nd
position, not 1st like standard tunings, so you need to combine a G
Melody Maker blow plate with a C draw plate.

Also note that if you take the leftover reed plates and combine them,
you get another useful harp -- basically a Country tuning with the draw
9 raised (in addition to the draw 5).  You can always tune the draw 9
reed
down a half step if you want a regular Country tuning.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com