[Harp-L] paddy tuned for blues

Wondering if anyone uses a Paddy Richter tuned harp
for blues playing. This tuning is oft cited as good
for Irish music but I'd like to employ it in a melodic
blues idiom like the stuff Ricci or del Junco play.
(Please don't think I'm in ANY way setting myself
alonside those guys in terms of either technique or
musicality. Just highlighting the direction I'd like
to take.)

I can overblow proficiently so I can get the F# on
OB5. As such the Melody Maker doesn't appeal to me.
The Paddy however looks enticing. Assuming a 'C' harp
and raising the 3 blow a full tone gives that useful
A. Is there added benefit for blues in a solid, stable
half step bend on draw 3? No more wrestling with
either the A or Bb.

Of course you have to give to get so you lose the IV
chord when playing cross harp. For Paddy players, how
much do you miss being able to do that rhythm
chugging?