Re: [Harp-L] Feedback

Amp modelers like the Digitech RP series have been a frequent post
subject on this list recently.  I won't rehash all that stuff here.  I
will add that I have far, far fewer feedback problems with the RP
onstage than I ever had with any other amped rig.

Once an amp modeler's EQ, gain, and cabinet model settings are tuned to
the player's mic, runaway feedback is much less likely to occur, because
it's already been tweaked out of the system.

By the way, Behringer recently dropped the price of its V-AMP 2 modeler
to $99.  This unit contains a lot of nice stuff, including a Bassman
emulation, and ships with an expression pedal.  The case is plastic, so
requires more care onstage than the Digitech's metal case, but the unit
is certainly good-sounding and worth a look if you don't already own an
amp modeler. (If you do own an amp modeler already, don't bother. It
takes a lot of time to get one of these things set up right, and you
don't need to go through all that twice.)

Regards, Richard Hunter
http://hunterharp.com
http://hunterharp.com/freemus.html