[Harp-L] RE: Peavey Classic 30

Well I did what I should have done before posting and searched the
archives ! Came up with one very helpful post from Scorcher...
"I have one, and occasionally I'll use it for a LITTLE bit more volume
than my ProJr can manage... Here's how I set mine up for a 520DX (Mic
volume 1/3-3/4): Norm [0] Channel Button [IN] Post [5-10] -depending on
the room. Pre [1-3] Reverb [1-2] (I tend to have a pretty "dry" sound.
Some diaphragm & throat tremolo makes up for a lot of reverb.) Bass
[12+] Mid [5-10] 8-ish, usually. Boost Button [OUT] (Boost button
BAAAAAAD) Treble [2] Don't get in front of the amp stay 15+ feet (5
meters) to the side"

If anybody can add to this I'd be interested.

Jim

Hi amp gurus,

Any experience of/opinions on the Peavey Classic 30 as a harp amp? I
tried one (it's some years old) and it seems a bit thin on tone to me,
plus I can't turn it up above about 3 without it feeding back like a
banshee - tried both a JT30 and a Shure 545 mic, the 545 was worse. The
tubes are 3x12AX7A (Peavey-branded) preamp and 4xEL84(Sovtek) power.
Stock (completely anonymous) speaker. Are there tube configurations that
would improve it... or is it not worth persevering ?
<<<