[Harp-L] Peavey Classic 30

Hi amp gurus,

Any experience of/opinions on the Peavey Classic 30 as a harp amp? I
tried one (it's some years old) and it seems a bit thin on tone to me,
plus I can't turn it up above about 3 without it feeding back like a
banshee - tried both a JT30 and a Shure 545 mic, the 545 was worse. The
tubes are 3x12AX7A (Peavey-branded) preamp and 4xEL84(Sovtek) power.
Stock (completely anonymous) speaker. Are there tube configurations that
would improve it... or is it not worth persevering ?

Jim