[Harp-L] Re: Augmented Spanish Tuning

Another issue with Augmented Spanish Tuning is that with so many notes packed into such a small
geography you can get a kind of constrained claustrophic feeling.   At least that's how I felt
about augmented tuning on chromatic button harps (never tried it on diatonic).  I think that's why
diminished tuning which gives you a little more room to move between octaves, may be more popular
than augmented among players who like to experiment with altered tunings on chromatic.

But regarding completely chromatic, no overblows needed, diatonic tunings, there's more than one
way to skin a cat.  Pat Missin's "Altered States" lists several such tunings including the
"Temptation" tuning which gives you a couple of sonorous chords lacking in the Augmented Spanish.
 I also recommend the "Spanish Spiral" which gives you chord fragments in several keys.