Re: [Harp-L] 65 Fender Deluxe RI

Chris,

The Groove Tubes that Fender uses kinda suck. You
might consider upgrading the tube compliment
(including rectifier tube). Either go with a great
set of NOS tubes, or, if you're like me and don't
have the bucks for that, you should consider tubes
made by JJ Electronics. Best currently-made
affordable tubes available today, IMO.

You can order them online through EuroTubes:
http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm

Call the guy (I forget his name) at 503-659-7401
and ask him what would be the best JJ substitutions
for that specific amp, for you, as a harp player.
He knows his stuff. Made a big difference in my
Blues Jr.

Good luck!

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.