Re: [Harp-L] Favourite 2004 CD

Beautiful Dreamer the songs of Stephen Foster. Mavis Staples' version of Hard Times Come Again No More is stunning. John Prine's cover of My Old Kentucky Home is a study of understatement and restraint. None of this stuff is 1 4 5 or standard harmony. It all reaches back to before the Civil War. A really nice compilation. I also enjoyed Gillian Welch and David Rawling's The Revelator Collection. Only available on DVD but my kind brother figured out how to rip the audio and make me a CD. (I own the DVD I just can't play it) I also played the heck out of their Soul Journey CD. I'll be looking for the George Clinton best of, thanks Rainbow Jimmy. I also got reminded to get a copy of the Butterfield Live CD, I'd ordered it earlier but the Amazon preffered vendor it was upposed to come from folded. Watch it if you order from Amazon's out sourced vendors. I've had problems twice. Both resolved monetarily but with a 2500 total pressing you do not want to screw around on the order if you want a copy. p.s. Bluebeatmusic.com still has copies fjm