Re: [Harp-L] Digitech RP400 sample

Chris et al,

I use the same mics with the RP that I use with any other setup.
However, the mic I use most frequently, and the one for which my patches
are tuned, is the Labtec AM-22.  It's a speech-optimized mic, like the
green bullet.  You can buy it at computer stores for about $8.

The most important thing with the RP is to pick one mic for it and stick
with that mic.  The RP reacts very differently to different mics, and
it's hard to get the EQ and cabinet settings to settle down with good
sound and low feedback until you stop swapping mics.  With any decent
mic, you should be able to get a very wide range of usable sounds out of
the RP.

If you plan to get a range of clean sounds out of the RP, in addition to
any amped tones you may want, I recommend a decent vocal mic rather than
a bullet.  I realize that my Labtec choice is contrary to this advice,
but the Labtec just happens to have a very big, warm sound.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com