Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

Hi Alexander,

Wow! Sounds that you're living far away. I know a bit the Volga (though I don't know the Russian part) and I guess you're living close to gorgeous place. Hope winter is not to cold for you!!

By Winslow, I mean Winslow Yerxa. THE Winslow himself!
The best, for me, is that you learn both: tongue block and pucker. Dennis Gruenling explained in October at the Jon Gindick Jam Camp that it is useful to master both, but it may be better to use tongue-block as you can get, with tongue block, all the effects that you can get when puckering; but you can not get the tongue block effects with puckering.
I tend to believe him as my personnal experience tells me the same. But that's also a matter of taste. Play the way you like. That's the best way to improve. If you do not like what you do, so do not play it.

Froggy

ALEXANDER MAGER <magerlab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello!
It's Alexander again.
Kazan is situated in Russia on the Volga river.
It's like living on another planet. there are not much info of harps. internet helps a lot. I play harp seriously for about 4 years. In generally i played for 10 years, but it was very poor. only 1st and 2nd positions with few bends.

but since that time I progreesed a lot.
My aim is to play jazz on diatonic.
i'm trying to learn tonque blocking but it's a problem to produce bends
should I change to pucker while bending and overblowing?
thanks
PS who is Winslow?