Re: [Harp-L] classical recordings

Hi all,

    Very well put RobertI Sometimes I  feel that our best  trained and
talented musicians go virtually under the musical  radar. A Jimmy Hendrix or a Paul
Butterfield might not ever have gotten a major recording contract in today's
Brittany's market. In the sixties a creative atmosphere was happening all over.
Could a Crosby, Stills, and Nash be discovered today?  Or the Beatles for
that matter?  Joe Cocker might have been a bartender today. Would they have a
market in todays "culture". What are we missing? Could they be financially
successful? Count Basie could never support a big band  on the road today. After
all, that would determine if they could or would be able to continue to create
and evolve their music. This is why my hat is off to all touring musicians.
There must be a tremendous amount of dedication and love for the music.

       The Europeans and Japanese covert and support our music more than we
do! Hopefully a cycle will turn and the deeper musical talents will be exposed.
At least country has held up pretty well, although the studios have
homogenized it quite a bit.  There is still a viable market for it.

    Shouldn't Paul Delay and Jason Ricci be filling concert halls? Maybe I am
out of touch, I don't know. Little Charlie and the Knightcats only half
filled a movie theater a few months ago here in New Jersey. Kudos to the promoter
for trying, and having the guts to book them (great show by the way). Well I
guess I will get off my soap box now.

                                   Best to all harpers,

                                             Chris Mastakas