[Harp-L] Inexpensive source of great harps

Last week I received two SP20 low D harps from Antony Dannecker http://www.antonydannecker.com I used one in our session last night and it stood up to the somewhat testing conditions superbly. The thing is, I'd asked Antony to retune the harps to Paddy Richter and to fine-tune them to equal temperament - this he did, and the extra charge for this work was....nil! I paid just about the same for the harps as I would have had I bought the harps in a shop. Not only were the harps expertly tuned and gapped but I noticed also that he'd added extra screws to make them more air-tight. Looks like all that amateurish scraping I've been doing is finally redundant, at least for Hohner harps (he only deals with Hohners). If you need your Hohner harps retuned but you don't want to do it yourself, yet can't afford the typical customisers' prices, then this chap could well be of service to you. I'm certainly very pleased with what he's done for me. For anyone wanting to play Irish tunes but who is reluctant to do any retuning themselves, this guy could be the answer you've been looking for. I have no affiliation blah blah blah....

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm