[Harp-L] Re: Boss Micro Cube first impressions

I second Richard Hunter's post regarding the Roland Micro Cube. Good sound, minimally useful effects, but with a touch of the reverb it's quite nice (I also kind of dig the "JC Clean" modeller, but to each his own). Extremely portable. Alas, I haven't used a Pignose either, but I believe the Micro Cube is quite a bit smaller. I got mine to take to SPAH last year and it was great for hotel room jamming. I agree with Richard that for serious work you need better gear, but very cool for jamming or as a little practice amp. It's only 5W, but does have a line out which I've run to a keyboard amp (PA) when I need to compete on sound. Runs on 6 AA's which seem to last quite a while. I also second Richard's point that it's best to test before buying (although I did pick mine up on the basis of a mention a while back on .... where was that ... oh yeah, harp-l).
Fred S