[Harp-L] Half Valving

I'm a newbie that realises you can have a lot of fun messing with the technical aspects of harp playing, and as such I am wondering if the secret art of valving is common knowledge, happily circulated. I am wondering about what type of material is often used as the membrane, and more importantly, what is the adhesive people use to attach them. I realise a badly attached valve is likely to possibly end up in your throat, or stuck in your reed, so the adhesive is very important. I have some very thin, 4 thou, window tinting for cars that I reckon might be a bit of fun to start with, but the adhesive is my weakness. I have a busted harp that I just thought I might play with, since I seem to have a sore throat from too much bending, which is another issue altogether that I have to address. Thanks in anticipation.
Reg
Tony R.
Sydney Australia