RE: [Harp-L] re: shaker mic/cherub

>>But you can't tight-cup a vocal mic

Says who ? A lot of people manage, including Paul Butterfield who used a
Shure 545, another "vocal" mic. Rob Paparozzi has described the SM57 as
his "mic of choice". It's just a matter of working out a method of
holding it. Personally I find with the harp in your left hand you can
hold the mic by wrapping the bottom two fingers around it just below the
grill and then fold your right hand around to create the seal. I do have
large hands though.

Jim