[Harp-L] Living and playing in France, elsewhere in Europe

I need some advice and insights, maybe some connects to housing and jams, in France, &/or other parts of Europe.

Here's the deal: I am closing down my current straight gig and moving to France for a year or so, as of mid-March. I plan to basically spend the time writing some articles and essays and stuff, and also to become more studious about playing harp and music (blues, I mean). Also learn French, see the world differently, and maybe even relax. (Not nec. in that order!)

We (my wife and I) have a very nice house in Pasadena, California, which we would love to exchange (simul. or otherwise) with someone in Paris in March-April, in the South of France (e.g., between Carcassonne & Aix en Provence), or other nice places in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, etc., etc. Our house is the ultimate place for jamming and just plain living, I won't bore you with details here, it's near Caltech and Huntington Gardens.

In any event, we are planning on being in Paris for the latter part of March and early April, then we hope to go to the South (Languedoc/Roussillon/Provence/S. Rhone Valley) for a few months to a year, depending on all sorts of stuff.

I would love to hear from someone who has done this sort of thing, and/or has an apartment in Paris, a house or apartment elsewhere, who would like to swap, or rent or otherwise guide us.

Of course, I also would love to hear about regular jams in those areas, or anywhere, really.

SO, any ideas, fellow travelers?

-Dave Fertig