From: nonidesign@xxxxxxx [mailto:nonidesign@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 1:48 PM
To: Richard Olson; Harp-List
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fw: Chicago Slim, etc.

I have a copy of The Chicago Slim Blues Band's album "Love Me Or I'll Kill
You" from the late 70's. It was one of the first albums I was given to learn
aggressive style blues harp (along with Johnny Winter's "White Hot And
Blue", J Geils' "Full House", and Walter Horton's "Fine Cuts").
There is a good amount of harp on it. The instrumental "Harpsucker" is the
most ripping. He does a really good job on it, especially considering that
(I think) he was a guitarist first and a harp player second.
Bumble Bee Bob plays harp and guitar on it too (actually he played better
than Slim).
There are some good titles on the album like: "I Want You To Rape Me" and
"You Better Buy this Record Or We'll Kill You".

I think it was issued on the Barrelhouse label.

A friend who lives near me knew him a long time ago and has an autographed
copy of the album. He lurks on this list sporadically but I am going to
contact him about getting in on this thread for you (he's on the road a lot
for work). Hopefully he will have some more info for you.
(Update: I called my friend on the phone and he is not sure if Slim is still
alive but the last time he saw him was on a local show called "Wild
Chicago", in the early 90's.)

I think Slim is still alive and playing in the Chicago area but damned if I
can remember the last time I saw a listing for him so I could be wrong.

Sorry aso much of this info is non-confirmed. I must sound like a Chicago
Alderman with all the "I think"s, "probably"s and "I'm not sure" s in this
post.