[Harp-L] Carlos del Junco in January and February - new cd officiallyreleased!!

Here is some news of Carlos,
>From the Rapids
Tim

NEWS: OK, I know that January has passed, but I was busy moving ? so here is
the scoop for February. The new cd Blues Mongrel is out and should be
available in a lot of the bigger cd shops this week. It is already in some
HMV shops but may take a bit longer to reach other stores. I haven?t had
time to put it up on my web site yet, so in the meantime, if you want one
right away, you could get one the old fashioned way -  wrap a $20 bill in a
piece of paper (before putting it in the envelope) and mail it to my new
address (below). Always remember to support your favorite artists and order
directly from their own website (the artist?s website, or even better ? in
person at a gig!) when ever possible ? rather than getting it from a third
party online retailer such as Amazon. That is, if you can?t find one at your
local cd shop. We appreciate it!

Here?s what one online reviewer said:
12 tracks, 57 minutes. Recommended. Webster's definition of 'mongrel' is as
follows: "1. any animal or plant resulting from the crossing of different
breeds or varieties. 2. any cross between different things, esp. if
inharmonious or indiscriminate." With that being said, Mongrel is an apt and
highly-fitting title for the new Carlos del Junco disc. With influences and
previous work showing heavy touches of jazz, hip-hop, New Orleans funk,
Tex-Mex, and bluegrass (del Junco's iceberg is massive), among other styles,
his harmonica playing reflects an exciting and highly-modern twist in
comparison to what many view the tin-sandwich as. In the hands of del Junco,
it's not a small instrument, or a mere toy, instead, it becomes more an
extension of soul and voice - and in many ways - it can be considered his
voice. Carlos' playing swoops, swells, careens, and flows as often as the
tides and it speaks volumes, often in tongues not heard in the blues realm.
His covers of Little Walter's Blues With A Feeling and Sonny Boy
Williamson's Nine Below Zero are intelligently crafted and heartfelt
expressions of his love for blues, as much as Skatoon and No Particular
Place show a desire to expand the borders of harp-playing. If you haven't
yet had the pleasure of introducing your senses to the talents of Carlos del
Junco, Blues Mongrel is packed from beginning to end with creative and
stumbling grooves, brilliant harmonica work, and feel as thick as molasses.
Spectacular stuff!

GIGS: OK, again, sorry for being a bit tardy getting this to you. Two of Feb
?s gigs have already passed. Here is what is left ? with the big event being
the cd release party on Feb. 19 which will feature Kevin Breit (a very hard
man to get a hold of these days with his busy schedule, so this may be the
only chance this year to see him play with me), Henry Heillig, and Jorn
Andersen as well as special guest Denis Keldie on keyboards.

Feb-4-05  Barrie ON CAN?- Tara Restaurant (accompanying Mike Branton) 6:00 -
10:00pm

Feb-5-05  Barrie ON CAN?- Players (accompanying Rod Phillips) 3:00 - 7:00pm

Feb-11-05  Stratford ON CAN - Tango Coffe Bistro (in a semi-acoustic trio)

http://www.tangocoffeebistro.com/onstage.php

Feb-12-05  Stratford ON CAN - Tango Coffe Bistro (in a semi-acoustic trio)
SOLD OUT Second show added Feb. 11

Feb-19-05  Toronto ON - Hugh's Room CD RELEASE PARTY (featuring Kevin Breit)

http://www.hughsroom.com/concertcalendar.html

with ?delete? in the subject line*. OR if you know anyone else that would
like to be added to this list, have them send me an email...

Carlos del Junco

326 Carlaw Ave. # 213
Toronto, ON
M4M 3N8