[Harp-L] Re:Scat singing

Joel wrote:

There's no canonical set of syllables. It's a matter of what works for
you. They should have easy to sing vowels and some should begin with
percussive consonants.

This is good advice.  And the singers referred to are all great scatters.
Anita
O-Day (often overlooked), Eddie Jefferson (we do his "Oh Gee") and the fabulous
Ella and Sarah.

I think scat singing is a great way to think about articulation, rhythym, and
solo construction.  We do a version of "Let the Good Times Roll" by Chuck Brown
and Eva Cassidy.  Chuck Brown scatted a verse, so I took the scat and developed
my harp solo from it.  It goes both ways, you can play a scat, or you can scat
a solo.  Its only music.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com