Re: [Harp-L] Ebay harp lunacy

A friend of mine has a saying "a sucker is born every minute" and I have come to believe this sentiment very strongly.

Want proof:

People take up smoking
 - Been there once...

People buy state lottery tickets thinking they will win the big jackpot.
 - I'm guilty this once or twice a year, I need to test my luck

People buy from spammers and telemarketers daily.
 - no way!

Billion dollar market for cough drops.

There is a lot of big firm marketing based on this sentiment. Its not neccessary to sell things that provide a real benefit, all one needs is to create perceived benefit.

Caveat emptor,

Pierre.