[Harp-L] Sonny

Those were actually two techniques he used, one was the up and down or
wavering pull, and the side to side tongue trill. And yes probably everything
inbetween. I looked in the man's face for two years while he taught me, his  mouth
cavity was very large, he engulfed the harp. The wear marks of his lips  were
on the far back of a Golden Melody up the 6 hole, he just hit that one
piercing 9 hole blow, could see Brownie wince sometimes, after 45 years of the
same hole being drilled, what a character Mr.McGhee was. For those that never
saw them live, it was an experience in time. Brownie singing about racial
issues, he was really a philosopher in many ways and misunderstood by many. Mark
Hummel and I had a good long conversation about those guys when we were in
Chicago together at Dave's masterclass, as Mark played with Brownie after they
split up or after he passed in 86, not sure exactly when.