[Harp-L] BendOMeter, what's up?

This looks really cool, and just the thing for a techo-person who wants to
learn/improve. I've seen positive comments here or elsewhere. But I'm
concerned about a few things:

1. Does it only run from the internet connection? Anyone who says "Yes" to
that prompt about letting it have *unrestricted* access to your computer and
network is insane or asking for trouble. You are basically granting it
permission to silently delete or send any of your files over the internet to
whoever. That's crazy. I see some reference to doing a "desktop" install but
no instructions on how to do that (it didn't prompt me when I clicked the
link to install it). If anyone has a desktop install package, please send it
to me. I'm more than happy to pay harpsoft for this.

2. The guy who owns it hasn't responded to any messages or requests for help
on his discussion board since August. That's a concern.

Any input? Is there a better product? I'd really like to try this.