To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 1:17 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Amps on EBAY

I've taken the EBAY plunge a few times and have purchased the following
items there with much happiness: An EV605 and an EV630 mic, a BOSS DM-2 analogue
delay pedal and a Kendrick ABC box. I sold my Fender Blues DeVille amp, some
pedals and mic elements through EBAY. All were a very positive experience.

I've never bought an amp through EBAY, although I did buy a great little
harp amp sight & sound unseen through Harp-L. The Hurricane V-8 amp is a great
little class A amp (Fender Champ type) that is great for small coffee house
type guitar/harp duo gigs and recording. Anyone else on here use one? Or have
one for sale?

I think if you go in with your eyes open you can pick up some nice pieces on
EBAY, but be ready to put in some additional $ for some tech bench work and
speaker reconing depending on the age of the items. There are some guys I'd
buy from sight unseen (Sonny Jr. being one) and expect a gig-ready amp.