Re: [Harp-L] Interval question - was Hoochie Coochie Man - 1st position!!

> The second and biggest clue that Richard pointed out to
> > me years ago, is that when he goes to the warble over the V chord, the
> > interval is a major third - he's playing a 4-5 draw warble in first
> > position. If you play it in cross harp, it will be a minor third. Listen
> > carefully when Muddy sings the line "I'm your Hoochie Coochie Man..." -
> > the
> > warble in the background is a major third - it won't sound right on a D
> > harp.
>
> How can an interval between two notes change from minor third to major
> third?

1st position is Ionian Major, so the I, IV, & V chords are all Major. 2nd
Position is Mixolydian (I, IV, v) so the v chord is minor. Its a diatonic
instruments (position/mode thing). That's the thing that country tuning
fixes for 2nd position playing, it raises the Mixolydian flat 7th note and
gives a Major V chord.

Peace and music,
Dave