RE: [Harp-L] Behringer UB802 - any opinions?

Thank you for your responses Claudio, Chris and Richard,
  I failed to mention I already own and use a MX802A - the preamps are good
quality.  But its quite a different and bigger beast to the new UB802,
which has less features.  So I wasn't sure if the quality would be better
or worse.

The point of getting another mixer, is that its smaller and can fit in the
case where I keep my rig.  My MX802A lives permenantly above the stereo and
is hooked into my computer, stereo, video, DVD with spare connections for
microphones and other music related gear.  I'm very happy with it.

Claudio, excellent response, this is the sort of feedback I was after
because what you're doing is very similar to my intentions - so long as its
not noisy, and you're satisfied with it thats whatl I'm interested in.

I've been searching around for musician's comments on it in addition to
harmony-central.com, most are positive about it, considering the price
bracket.  The UB802 is appears to be ideal for the rig setup I intend to
use it with.

Some people may be interested, one chap has recorded a podcast about
setting yourself up as a "podcaster"
http://mwgblog.com/archives/2004/12/27/podcast-about-the-podcast/
his webpage article that builds on his podcast is particularly interesting
because of the audio gear and software he talks about. Some of which are:
- Audacity recording software
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Behringer UB802 mixer
http://www.behringer.com/UB802/index.cfm?lang=ENG
- M-Audio MobilePre USB, a PC/Mac audio preamp with several different
inputs, and runs off your laptop/desktop USB cable.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html
- ElectroVoice RE20 microphone
http://www.electrovoice.com/electrovoice/products.nsf/allpages/4F56507BDF754
C5086256B900080527F?Opendocument
- Voice Processor Symetrix 528e, a rack unit which includes mic preamp,
"de-essing (sibilance removal), compression/limiting, downward expansion,
parametric EQ, and voice symmetry alignment", all of which can be done
simultaneously, and works with any kind of line input, e.g. hi-Z harp mics.
http://www.symetrixaudio.com/index.php?Show=248&Show1=&Show2=312

Thank you again,
-- G.

At 11:08 8/02/05 +0100, Claudio wrote:
>Hi G,
>
>I have the UB802 and I use it for my home recording. I'm very happy with
>it, 8<
>Anyway, for my purposes, this was a very good deal, especially considering
>its tag price.
>I use it:
>- for home acoustic instruments recording, with a Behringer B2 double large
>diaphragm condenser mic.
>- for home "silent" Chicago harp recording, with a bullet mic passing through
>a Harp Commander
>- For home electric guitar recording, with a SM57 in front of my guitar
>amp
>- as an extra mixer for gigs, where I put drums'  mics in it, and from it
>I go with one or two channels to the main PA.
>
>For home recording, I connect its main output to the line input of my
Creative