Re: [Harp-L] On Tolerances

Tim Moyer wrote:

<<I have found that embossing to reduce this tolerance has a profound
affect on tone, making it far more brassy. For this reason I like
to not overly emboss, just enough to improve response and move the
base of the reed farther down in the slot (a side effect of moving
the socket up the slot over the reed).

Hi Tim

Try chamfering the slot end. That will change the sound again, taking away some of the brightness caused by the embossing.

Ludo