[Harp-L] Reissue twin

MIchael, if that were a real original twin it would be a different story,
but a reissue made by Fender is nothing like the original. A few tubes may
slightly help the situation, but the parts used, speakers, internal wiring, just
aren't even close to what a good harp amp should sound. Like. OK, a grand,
then  you may get it, try a few tubes, then someone suggests a speaker change, or
 baffle, then maybe the power tubes, where should it be biased. Or if it
not's  point to point you may go that route, or if it is, try better caps, or
listen to some hype and start looking to have mods done, or one of the new
gizmos that supposedly helps your amp. Point is, guys start throwing money onto  a
dead horse then still never have a good harp amp, but have almost spent that
2K or came real close and don't have anything close to a harp amp. And
certainly  don't have harp support. That's not me the 2K builder talking, that's me
the  harp player who has listened to this scenario from Thousands of  harp
players, usually AFTER the fact of their wives wanting to kill them because they
tired of the "amp go round" and went for a custom harp amp. NO one has ever
regretted the cost once they received their product from me or Scooter.. I
just  had a fellow from the list come over and bring his Victoria as he thought
he blew a speaker, he being local CT. guy I said sure come over, I would help
him. He had wanted to try a 410 anyway. Turns out speakers were fine, the amp
 sounded decent, but he had absolutely no clue how to adjust the amp, which
is  basically off same circuit as mine. He changed power tubes and called the
company, they said bias it cold. To someone who knows nothing about amps, what
 does that mean, that's all he got. I asked if he got a manual with the amp,
he  said like I was crazy, a manual, no. He tried the 410 side by side with
his mic,  and it was a huge tonal difference, we worked through all
possibilities so he  understood the amp, tube swaps, and got his nine page instructional
manual and  now has a harp player for customer support with any questions, and
a nice 410.  My bottom line is, how can you put a price on first hand
knowledge of harp and  full customer support. Scooter is the same way. REissues are
made by an  extremely large company, with parts mass produced, good possibility
in another  country, cabinets used to be made in Mexico, not sure where now.
Certainly not  by some freaky harp player in their basement. The Fender Concert
from 60-61  when done right is a killer harp amp, ask any of the probably 30
guys who own  one I rebuilt. I have another one in the works if anyone is
interested, I  can give references to guys who have them. They are the amp Rod
used  two of in his earlier years. They just come right out and punch you in the
face type sound, no sneaking up on one of those babies. Generally they  are
around $1400 - $1600, depending on speakers used. I even warranty my vintage
amps that come out of the shop, gig ready, I know everyone can't drop the big
ball, but there are other alternatives to reissues, think about the  long
haul, not the initial supposed savings when choosing an amp. There are a  few guys
currently looking to sell their SJ modded reissue from the time  before I
started up this new project, so you can get a harp ready amp for around  1K, they
sound damn good. Dave Barrett used the one I did for him on his  first CD,
Serious Fun, you can get good tone out of them. Good luck.