[Harp-L] Re:Hootchi Cootchie man

Hi All,
Now Im all confused.
I have always played Hootchie Cootchi man in 2nd position, if the band was
playing in G I would play a C harp:

G, C, Bb, G or D F D G

2d, 4b, 3d(1htb), 2d  or 1d, 2d-2htb,1d, 2d-htb, 2d

(htb) half tone bends
(you dont have to flat the 3 draw and it still sounds good)

I had thought 2nd is the position Muddy and Walter played it in. And it
especially sounds like 2nd position when they play the turnaround, not first
position.  (at least on the recording I listened to - the record best of Muddy on
Chess)

but now im more confused:

But maybe I am wrong

So in first position the riff would start on 1 or 4 blow, correct? So in the
key of G on a G harp you would play:  G, C, Bb, G or D F D F G  (you can play
the Bb as a B without the bend if you want)

1d, 2d-2htb, 2b, 1d or 2d, or 2d, 3d-htb, 2d, 3d-htb, 4b

the 2nd one sounds like a blues to me so maybe this is the 1st position
version?

I still think walters solo sounds like 2nd position but i continue to get
more confused.

i liked to play it in F using a Bb harp, my own preference.

Regards
Russ