[Harp-L] Fender Twin '57

I saw a reissue Fender Twin '57 at the local music store.  When I went to check it out, there were four preamp tubes.  I found that surprising.  Would this amp be any good for harp?  Anybody use one?  It had two recitfiers (one can be removed), two power tubes.

It was suggested that three of the tubes be switched out for 12ay7's (for guitar, and I am sure that would be the same for harp) but it didn't say which ones.  Why would you leave one as a 12ax7?

This post is more for my understanding of amps then anything.  If I had two grand for an amp, it would be a harp specific amp.

Mike

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals