RE: [Harp-L] electricity and amplifiers

If you're getting a shock from your amplifier, get fixed ASAP. People die from
that stuff regularly. Especially playing outdoors.Always be extremely careful
with your vocal mic as well if you're holding your harp mic. Tap the mic with
your knuckle to make sure there's no shock. You grab hold of that thing it can
put enough volts through you to kill you. Don't mess around with this. I always
have my amp plugged in the same circuit as the PA. I remember a gig where the
wind damaged the wire on the poles, turned all the outlets into 220 volts.
Amplifiers in flames.

Rainbow Jimmy

I've always used a portable circuit-breaker plug to plug my amp into (= RCD, residual current device). These things are cheap these days. If Guinness gets slopped on my amp or mic I live to fight another day.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm