[Harp-L] Re: (Harp-L) embossing

Ron wrote:

<<My first question: is embossing best done before or after gapping?

Before; embossing will alter the gap anyway.

<<Second question: what are some other good tools to use to emboss, besides a
penny?

Tuning-fork; the ball at the end.

<<Ok, three questions - what do u use as an anvil (for lack of better term)
to place your plates on, while embossing?

Table, desk, anything flat. Also check out www.tenhole.com and www.overblow.com on embossing. With all respect for Siegfried, I believe he misunderstands what is meant by the term "embossing"; it is NOT working at the reedtip end, but along the sides of the slots.

Ludo