Re: [Harp-L] Re: Seydel-Where to hear a sample ?

At 04:48 PM 12/30/2005, Eric Chard wrote:
Michael, those two MP3's have the same file name-- are they the same file??

Yep. [In the email.] And, BTW, Michael Peloquin was correct earlier.

At 09:49 AM 12/30/2005, Michael Timler wrote:
12/29/2005, Michael Peloquin wrote:
> Michael,
> There are no sound samples there (that I can find)
>
> ??
> Michael Peloquin

My mail client wraps URL links. I clicked the hyperlink, and it went right to the Seydel page, so the page link worked just fine. But, as Michael P. said yesterday, there were no buttons or sample links on the page anywhere that I could find either. The bright yellow buttons are there today, though...

You should find two buttons 'Sound' below the note table on this page
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectID=11913&Locale=en_GB

Be careful to copy and paste the WHOLE link into your browser.
May be your mailhandler breaks the admttedly quite long links somewhere in the middle.

I always cut and paste if necessary; sometimes, the one giving the link makes an error, like doubling a letter, or adding a period [full stop] after ".html" that prevents the link from connecting. Easy to figure out. All just part of learning how to use the Net, and I'm sure Michael P. also knows how, by now. [I taught him everything he knows!! :) Ha!]

But... what confused Eric and folks like me who clicked on the email links was that they were identical.

http://www.seydel1847.de/WebRoot/Seydel/Shops/Seydel/Sounds/Zirkular/sample_circular_1_32_441.mp3
Played on a Blues Session Circular in G

http://www.seydel1847.de/WebRoot/Seydel/Shops/Seydel/Sounds/Zirkular/sample_circular_1_32_441.mp3 Played on a Blues Session Circular in A

However, on the website, the sound sample buttons ARE different links.
I figured out that the top email link should have been different [no _1 between circular and _32] ...that is, substitute this for the email's Circular in G sample:

http://www.seydel1847.de/WebRoot/Seydel/Shops/Seydel/Sounds/Zirkular/sample_circular_32_441.mp3

Interesting soundclips, though, Michael T. The harmonica sounds as if it could be good for Balkan or Russian music, even French or Italian pieces, or maybe find a place in Cajun, Tejano or Conjunto music. Hmm... maybe a little Québécois music?? I think Winslow needs to get one of these!!

Would have rather heard the harp a bit louder over the guitar, though, [that's in the Key of A version - the only one I heard until today. The G version is stronger and more balanced, of course.] It seems more held notes might show off the instrument's particular tremulous flavor, too, if losing the breath too fast isn't a problem! It can rather "growl" a bit, tho'!! But, I bet bent notes are a pain! ;)

Thanks for the soundbytes.
Bobbie
||  h a r p  s p o k e n  h e r e  || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||