Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:10:54 EST
From: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: The 410
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Due to the amount of builders that seem to think what I do is easy and want
to just copy it, like many other companies, some information on an initial
inquiry is proprietary, even though the company I use is famous, my parts are
custom built for me and are not sold to the general public. When I got this
inquiry from a fellow who would not let up on where I got my transformers from,
I told him I tried Mercury and did not like the harshness of their sound, and
I do not use outsourced to Asia transformers from Weber. Many of you have
gotten to know a bit about my character from this list, so to get a response
from Ed such as:
"
The fact that you don't disclose the manufacturing of the transformer only
means one thing:
You use "cheap" transformers. Your statement about Mercury Magnetics is bull
s***t. They are the best transformer for tweed amps and you know that. My
guess is that you have copied this amp design from a reputable amp builder then
"cloned" a bunch using cheap parts. You should be ashamed of yourself."
Ed Everest.
This really is not a way to start a new year, and I don't think I deserve
this as someone scratching and clawing to make a product for all harp players.
Having extremely sensitive ears, and also having the original transformers
from bassmans right in front of me to test my amp against, I think I have done
enough homework to discern what is "the best" for my amp. So please don't be
offended if I do not disclose every single aspect of what I do. It would be
like asking Scott for a schematic of his Meteor that he spent 3 years to
design, does that make sense? Being in this business for 10 years I actually did
get many requests from guys to just send them my Sonny Jr 1 or 2 schematic and
got some of these same responses when I would not. Have a great New Year
everyone, and be safe.