RE: [Harp-L] Thanks to Dave Gage and others

Dave is a great guy.  I've been playing harp since around 1973 and every
company I ever worked at I figured I was probably the best harp player in
the company...that's usually because there were no other harp players in the
company.  But in 1999 I started work at a software company in L.A. called
Candle.

Since it was a relatively large company for me to be working in (around 1500
as I recall), I was perusing the employee list one day looking for names I
might have worked with in the past. Dave Gage's name suddenly popped up. I
had known of him, but not known him, from the Dave Gage Band.

I knew he was a harp player of some repute and immediately I knew that at
least at this company, there was no way I'd be the best harp player as long
as Dave was there. Don't get me wrong, I was never in competition with
anybody, it was just a little ego thing.  I introduced myself to Dave and
told him how much I liked his playing.

He turned out to be a great guy who invited me to sit in on one of his
harmonica workshops at the most excellent McCabe's Guitar shop, on Pico in
Santa Monica. He was very gracious and friendly and it was a real pleasure
working with him at Candle.  And, he's a great player.  I think he still
teaches at McCabe's so if you or anybody you know is ever in need of a harp
lesson in the Santa Monica area, he's the guy to go to.

Glad to hear he's been so helpful to harp-l.  I had no idea he handled the
harp-l.com domain and for so long. But it's indicative of the type of guy he
is.  By the way, I tried going to www.harmonicalessons.com and couldn't get
to the site.  Dave also has a great site at www.davegage.com.

Robert Gaustad