Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Princeton Reverb vs. Blues Junior

 the

--- "John K." <jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grant Kester
> <gkester@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear List,
>
> I'm thinking of getting a new (old) amp. Does anyone
> have opinions on the
> virtues of a silver-faced Princeton reverb vs. a
> Blues Junior? Also, has
> anyone ever tried a Peavey Delta Blues or a Crate
> VC/Vintage Club or one of
> the new Gibson GA-15s for harp? These appear to be
> reasonably priced tube
> amps, but they don't come up much for discussion on
> the list.
>
> Best,
> Grant Kester

About four years ago I A/B'd (compared) the then
curent Blues Jr. w/ the equivalent silverface (im
pretty sure that it was a Princeton Reverb). New in
the showroom. totaly stock. the Jr. won hands down -
much better tone & more volume before feedback. With
the Jr. using a Green Bullet wiped out an Astatic. I
bought the Jr. and it has lived up to my (realistic) expectations.