[Harp-L] Merry Christmas (and a little story, not much harp content)

I don't do a lot of posts anymore, partly because I get the digest and by the time I see something I might respond to, lots of replies have already gone out. About once a year I may do a post about clearing out some extra harp stuff I've accumulated, frequently because of something new I've replaced it with due to what I've read about here. I still read just about every posting on harp-l and grateful for all the good information that comes out, and the opportunity to connect with many harp-lers I've had a chance to meet in person or through email. OK, now my little story, if you'll forgive the bandwidth:
A couple of days ago I returned from walking my dog in the neighborhood to find three young, nervous, armed burglars in my house (I only saw two, the third had a gun to my wife's head , walking her around in search of "valuables" (incidentally, we are not, by any stretch, affluent people, just a couple of schoolteachers). Then they had both of us facedown on the floor, at gunpoint, and I thought "this is it" but they left without firing a shot.
Other than a few scratches and being scared out of our wits, we got through this ordeal OK. As for the stuff they took (some cash, a little jewelry; actually most of my gear was still stored from a recent trip to attend a funeral for a family member but I don't think they were looking for tweed amps!), we can replace that, no big deal. But having our lives spared, now that's a big deal.
So right now, to paraphrase comedian George Burns, I'm "happy to be anywhere" and hope everyone has a good holiday and a safe one.