[Harp-L] Helge Tallqvist

As a Finn it has been interesting to note the attention Helge's most recent album has raised in harp-l. Helge Tallqvist is a talented blues musician and truly a master of the harp.

I want to mention that we have a lot of blues talent in Finland. Besides Helge I want to point out two young players who keep the blues alive in this corner of the world.

Olli Ontronen is 23 years old and plays both chromatic and diatonic in a way you'd expect from somebody with a lot more experience. His band has released two albums, mainly self penned stuff. Check him out on www.bluesology.net .

Tomi Leino plays excellent harp and also guitar. He recently backed Steve Guyger on several gigs in Finland. More about Tomi and his upcoming album on www.tleino.com .

Harri