RE: [Harp-L] Thundermics

Hi Gary, First, how's your leg doing as all this other stuff is secondary?Yes, it is the same mic, but I have cleaned up the inside leading to the element. You've read some feedback on how big the low end is with the elements I use, but I'm a humble guy because I didn't design the element I just know how to install it in a bullet shell.About the amp I was just the first guy to order up the kit and build the thing and I make no mistake about it "It Screams!" I'm just very excited how this thing sounds and I knew it had potential when I looked at the schematic several months ago. Bruce is a fine amp designer.
I know you're a talented tone freak that's why you make such awesome amps for harp, but I too know tone when I hear it and that design will be built upon with better caps.   I can't wait for the 25 watt version.
Wouldn't it be nice if Shure would start selling new R7's, 99-131's etc. and  then we wouldn't have this discussion, but they don't and they're not real easy to find.
till next time,  Merry Christmas and blessings,
steve   --- On Sat 12/24, < SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx > wrote:
From: [mailto: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:27:37 ESTSubject: [Harp-L] ThundermicsSteve, is this the same mic I sent back to you last year, I emailed you privately and got no response, maybe you upgraded them. I would be certainly willing to try one again if you have changed something, as the first one didn't do it for me. After thousands of vintage elements I think I have an idea of tone. Would love to try one if they are different, let me know. Just a thought from your site and what you just posted, and I am sure everyone has their own style, ease up bro, as you can see, if your product is as good as you say, people will buy them and spread the word. I am sure you are excited about your stuff as we all are in building a product that also excites people, relax, life is short. Good luck with your project, sounds like what Weber was selling as the kit they are finally making and selling. Good idea. I am sure you will do well.