Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band Deluxe

Hi Jason,

compare the performance of the Marine Band Deluxe to a Marine Band
Classic out of the box. They were not meant to be compared with a
custom harp, although they look like and sport several of the features
a custom harp does, like rounded of comb edges, slick and beautiful
wood finish, bent open covers and, of course, screws instead of nails.
What they don't have, and Hohner cannot provide you for the price is
the detailed and careful work the customizers put in to the individual
reeds.
I have been using MBDLXs since january, and, although I previously I
wasn't a fan of wooden combs, I like them a lot. Overbends work very
well (4, 5, 6 and maybe some overdraws) out of the box, profitting a
lot from careful adjustments.
All in all, a very nice harp which you can easily adjust to your
playing style and repair eventually.

All the best,
Fernando