[Harp-L] Hole 1 overblow alternative harp mod

Hey List

  Just thought I'd share a little discovery with you all seeing as overblows are always such a hot topic and especially seeing as 1 overblow is for many the most problematic/difficult to control.
  I recently semi valved an old harp to practice valved bends (most likeley thanks to the clips of PT Gazell's fantastic new CD) and discovered what a joy the 2 blow bend was.

  Seeing as it's the same note as the 1 overblow, I thought "what the hey, let me just slap a valve on the 2 draw of my normal harps". This allows me to use the 1 overblow as well as the option of  2 blow-bend which I find to be especially helpful when wanting to include that note in a descending run.

  Of course one has to be a little gentler on the attack of 2 blow natural but aside from that this is an easy and easily reversible mod that adds an option without changing the normal function of the harp.

  Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there, give it a try, see if it works for you etc. etc.

  Seasons Greetings to you all and best wishes...

  Dave Ferguson