[Harp-L] 6 ob question

fjm inquires:

6ob on a C harmonica, Bb, what's the scale interval in 3rd
position?

As you probably realize, the answer to your question does not depend on the key of the harp. The interval between 4 draw, the root note in 3rd position, and 6 OB is a minor sixth. To use a C harp as an example, 4 draw is D and 6 OB, as you note, is Bb. The D major scale is:

D E F# G A B C#

A is a perfect fifth above the root; B a major sixth. Bb is a minor sixth above the root. Michael Peloquin will probably fault me for not pointing out that the interval could also be called an augmented fifth, so I'll do it myself.

George