Fwd: [Harp-L] Richard Hunter's Jazz Harp Book- "So What" solo

Try it and see how it works for you - both physically and musically.

There are more points of view on this than there are ways of
combining these notes. You don't really need anyone's advice, though
it can make for an interesting discussion.

Your owns ears will tell you what you need to know.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Slidelicks@xxxx wrote:

My question is directed specifically to Richard Hunter, but also to
the
entire list in general.

I am working on the Miles Davis solo on "So What", using the
transcription
from Richard Hunter's "Jazz Harp" book. In a number of places,
phrases  that
use the notes C, B and A are notated using a Blow-Draw-Draw
articulation
without engaging the slide. Wouldn't it be more horn-like to engage
the slide to
produce the "C" and then use a breathing pattern of Draw-Draw-Draw?

Thanks for your insight.

-Steve Marchena

www.stevemarchena.com