[Harp-L] Re: Helge

How interesting life is. Helge was interested in checking out a SJ410 and
fortunately I have an owner in Finland he knew, so we have had long
conversations and he was able to check one out. He owns an original bassman Rod  sold him
in the 80's (who doesn't:) ) . In listening to his music and his  history I
found his playing quite inspiring. So I asked him if he tongue blocks  all the
time or does he pucker or switch. Well, come to find out, besides the  fat
chords he plays, he was mostly a pucker player and did not even know the  concept
of TB, even though hanging with George and Bill those years. Back then  these
type discussions were really not expressed as we do now. Helge and I spoke
over the phone at length and I listened to him play, and he I, and I let him
hear the difference between TB and pucker, and now he is Hooked, going after TB
 with a vengeance, and Dave Barrett has been kind enough to explain  much in
detail in emails. It is wonderful to bring something new to such a  great
player. Due to my situation I unfortunately am not able to practice  as much as I
would like, and consider myself  a decent player  with of course some
different abilities from living with the master.  Twenty Five years ago I showed my
great friend and now probably the greatest  toned tongue blocker of the complete
harp what that Slap was I did, Mitch  Kashmar. Now I am picking his brain for
tips:) His upper register vibrato,  especially the 7 blow, is unparalleled in
its sweetness in my opinion. The  point is keep passing on tips, you will
always have your own style and no one is  going to take over your spot, this is
how life works. Whether Helge buys an  amp or not is irrelevant, hearing the
excitement, and frustration:), of his  new journey is worth it. My path in life
through these  medical tribulations is working its way and unfolding in many
different ways, music I believe will still be a part of it, how  much is
unknown, next year will be very testing, the more one suffers  the more one grows
if they have faith. I have a lot of growing to do. To all  happy holidays and
give the gift of your spirit to others. Sonny  Jr.