From: Paul Bowering <paul_bowering@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:00:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [Harp-L] Advanced split intervals

On Pat Missin's excellent site he gives an example of
a tongue blocked octave with the trick being that only
one note is natural the other has been bent down. This
allows for playing the octaves on the A note of a C
harp for example. What a cool trick! UNfortunately, it
seems beyons my ability. Although a pucker player I
can bent the single note with TB. When I move my
tongue however to allow the natural note to sound I
loose the bent one. Do many of you make use of this?
Do I have to be a freak of nature to acheive it?

How about other advanced splits such as overblow
octaves or  chord fragments?

Paul