[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Hochlandsklaenge

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:32:41 EST
From: MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 28, Issue 62( Seydel
Hochlandsklange)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

To Colin Fulton: The Seydel company has a lot of new ideas in harmonica
tunings and note placement systems. If you haven't done so already, check the
Seydel website for a more detailed explanation of the Hochlandsklange. The
Seydel website: _www.c-a-seydel.com_ (http://www.c-a-seydel.com) .
I'm not a representative or salesperson for the Seydel company.

...........however I am, and I am very much looking forward what you will find out.
A short correction: webpage is www.seydel1847.com
The direct link to Hochlandsklaenge is
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectID=3599&Locale=en_GB

For I was a pure Blues player when I came to Seydel in August this year, I never was involved into playing this harmonica before. One evening, when the workers had been gone and the factory was empty and silent I decided to look after the Hochlandsklänge, because I had to put it on the website for sale.
I started playing and it was amazing. It just went on, driftin' and driftin' playing a sort of melodies somewhere in the folk and Irish corner. Since then I love it and I am astonished about the construction of the wooden comb that is still made like around 1920. It's a very rough, but charming finish and as I said, the sound is amazing.

Well, subtract what you think I say as a Sales Manager here, however, I am a player too and that's what I found out about this instrument.

Thank you very much, and I am very much looking forward in your analysis, HOJO

Yours
Michael from Seydel