Re: [Harp-L] Vintage Harmonica Editions Boomerang

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:45:04 -0700
From: John Kally <jkally3@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Vintage Harmonica Editions Boomerang
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>I found this by accident when looking for some Seydel info:
>http://www.vintage-harmonica-editions.com/
>They have reissued the oddball boomerang harmonica in a limited
>edition.  I remember seeing this once on an old Musselwhite album
>cover and I know they're rare birds.  At $200 USD I don't think I'll
>go for one myself but maybe someone else might be interested.  And
>they have some other reproductions in the works.

Hi,
  This is Isabella Krapf's shop, she's a trained classical chromatic
harmonica player in her own right
  http://www.chromaticharmonica.net/
I understand that apart from the late harponline.de shop, she was one of
the first English speaking online outlets for Seydel.  However as Michael
has stated, Seydel themselves now offer their products to the English
speaking world.
  Its all good.
If anyone has substantial playing experience with Seydel's chromatics and
is up to writing a review, it'd make a nice addition to the Reviews section
of Chromatic Harmonica Reference.   I know the late Tony Sheppard was a fan
of the Deluxe model, but at the time he experienced delays in ordering keys
other than C through whichever outlet he was using.
Cheers,
-- G.